I recently completed 45 HBO treatments. I had trouble clearing my ears at first, but my ENT put me on prescription nasal spray twice daily. Also used Afrin spray about one hour before treatment. He also suggested �tubes� if I continued to have problems clearing my ears. Fortunately I didn�t need them.

I found out a few years ago that I have allergies with were causing my frequent sinus infections. Started on allergy medication and since then I haven�t had any sinus infections. The sinus infections were the only sign that I had allergies � I did not have the typical sneezing, running/itchy eyes, etc., so never thought I had allergies. I also kept our air conditioning on to minimize my exposure to the pollen, which did cause some congestion.

I also did the �ear clearing� techniques for the entire time on the dive down, and most of the time on the dive up. When I had problems with my ears, they would take me back up a little, and then take me back down but at a slower rate.

You�re near the finish line! Good luck getting through the remaining HBO treatments.

Susan

SCC R-Lateral tongue, T1N0M0
Age 47 at Dx, non-smoker, casual drinker, HPV-
Surgery: June 2005
RT: Feb-Apr 2006
HBOT: 45 in 2008; 30 in 2013; 30 in 2022 -> Total 105!
Recurrence/Surgeries: Jan & Apr 2010
Biopsy 2/2011: Moderate dysplasia
Surgery 4/2011: Mild dysplasia
Dental issues: 2013-2022 (ORN)