My thoughts are with you Stephany. I have been wanting to write, but i am at a loss of what to say. I know exactly how you are feeling. All the memories are way to fresh. I sorta feel like we went through the same thing. Having lost my mom I am thinking back on what I wish I would've said. So many times I wanted to let her know it was ok to let go. That I would take care of dad. My mother to was in alot of pain, also. She too had given up, and wanted peace. We didnt know the end was so near, and i dont think I wouldve been able to handle knowing it was. Now i do find peace and comfort knowing she is no longer in pain. Even though getting by day to day is hard, with each new day it is a little easier. I guess all i want to add is to talk with your mom, let her know she can let go. I am sure hospice can help with that. I hope i am not saying something wrong, it's just something looking back i wish i wouldve talked to her about. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Was Primary caregiver to my mom who had stage IV, SCC, Supraglottic with Mets to 4 nodes. Diagnosed Feb 04, died unexpectedly from complications from treatment December 17, 2004.