Stephany,

Your post was well timed. The doctor was all ready to do his tube this week while he is in the hospital and when the doc said something about it today he backed out. He said that the docs told him that it wasn't good for men to do.

I think that the drugs are seriously affecting his mind because none of his doctors have ever said anything.

But all my arguing met with resistance so I am not going to bug him about it. I am learning that there are some lessons that some very hard headed people just have to learn on their own.

I am a bit angry about the whole thing because I know what will happen. He is not really eating much now and if it weren't for the home IV the doctor ordered he would have already withered away.

There is no doubt in my mind that he will need the tube soon and it will mean yet another trip to the hospital which could be avoided if he would just do it now. Also I know that he is going to wait until things are so bad that the whole procedure is going to be more painful than it has to be.

I think I am really gaining an understanding about what it has been like for you in this battle with your mother over the past few weeks.

It certainly leaves one feeling helpless. Glad to see you are back. I wish your mother all the benefits that she is bound to receive from her tube.

Let me know how it goes. I might need some amunition. I have told Harry about you all here on the site and I have tried to get him to look at it but he doesn't want to. He doesn't seem to care much for talking to people who have been through this. Why? I have no idea. It always makes me feel better.

I have been told that it is a denial thing but I am certainly no expert.

Talk to you soon.

Cindy

Caregiver to ex-husband Harry. Dx 12/10/04 SCC stg 3, BOT with 2 nodes left side. No surg/chemo x4 /rad.x37(rad comp. 03/29/05)Cisplatin/5FU(comp. 05/07/05)-T1N2M0-(cancer free 06/14/05)-(12/10/06) 2 yr. Survivor!!!