CINDY
Hi I can so relate to your frustration. My husband Bob finished treatment in October, he was as stubborn as they come when it came to any suggestions from me. I gathered a ton of support and information from this board and tried my best to stay one step ahead of what might be coming next, so I could somewhat be prepared. Thank God I did. He fought me on pain management because his nurses hadn't discussed it,(when they asked how he was he was always politely said fine so of course they didn't know how much pain he was in) he fought me on the constipation meds until he was completely miserable, he even had issue with the humidifier. He definitely wouldn't even look at this board. He did listen halfheartedly when I recieved emails from members of the board. I was so afraid to nag at him, I was terrified to upset him. Regardless, in some instances like the pain management issue I flat out told him I was calling the treatment center myself, and I did. I bought the senecot and put it by the sink with a note, and got the humidifier and set it up after he went to sleep, made him shakes from the info on the board and just brought them to him. It wasn't easy and at times he wasn't very nice. In hindsight he now realizes that without the information and support we got here we probably wouldn't have made it through intact. Now he actually denies being difficult about things. But I know better and he is on the mend so it was worth it. BE BRAVE, DO WHAT YOU FEEL IN YOUR GUT IS RIGHT, even if it means you call the Dr yourself AND KEEP COMIN HERE. I couldn't have done it without this community.
Denise

Caregiver Husband Bob SCC tongue t2nomo Partial Glosectomy/neck disection 6/04 rad ending 9/23/04
Osteoradio-necrosis of the Mandible (ONJ) DX 6/09 Surgery 7/2/09 mandible resection/ several teeth extracted/ neck dissection NO FLAP and aggressive antibiotic therapy.