And my husband wonders why I micro manage his meds.

Stephany, you hold strong. You can do it and the nutrition that your mother will be able to get from this will make a marked difference. It is an amazing thing to see how a body can perk up when it has enough food and water.

I am so sorry that any of us have to go through this. It is so day to day and since I have lived mostly planning and talking about next week and next year it has been a difficult adjustment.

We are here whenever you need us Stephany. I cannot always promise that I will be emotionally stable :-) but I will be here. I agree that this place is a sanity saver for sure.

I have a little piece of good news today. They gave Harry his Cisplatin yesterday and we anxiously waited in anticipation of the sickness that followed last time. It only took 12 hours last month. But today, almost 24 hours later, he is doing fine. No nausea, no vomitting, and he is very happy. I cannot begin to say what a relief it is that so far the docs have been able to keep him from getting sick.

Doesn't mean he won't be sick tomorrow, but it is good today and that we celebrate.

Tell your mom to hang tough. Once she gets the nutrition in her that she needs she will feel much better. You are a strong person and you have her genes so I would guess that she is a pretty tough lady herself.

Hang in there and let us know how you are doing when you can.

Cindy

Caregiver to ex-husband Harry. Dx 12/10/04 SCC stg 3, BOT with 2 nodes left side. No surg/chemo x4 /rad.x37(rad comp. 03/29/05)Cisplatin/5FU(comp. 05/07/05)-T1N2M0-(cancer free 06/14/05)-(12/10/06) 2 yr. Survivor!!!