Yeah,
The first time I talked with my oncologist, he asked me if I was a strong person, because only a strong person person could go through what I was going to have to endure. I told him i didn't know, I had never lived through anything worse than childbirth. But what I felt like saying was - So, do I have a choice???
It is so unfair, is it a wonder we go berserk? I am a healthy person, I always climb the stairs instead of the elevator and I eat bran flakes and vegetables and people in my family live to be ninety or more and climb mountains at eighty. So at fifty I am not supposed to be crawling around the house too tired to take the dog for a walk, or to pick up the tissues I drop wherever I go. Or to have the fiftieth birthday party my children had planned. Or to taste the cake, if they had baked one.
But we don't have a choice. We just have to hope that the people who love us do understand. Actually my husband said, sometimes he is almost relieved when I do get angry, it is better than the quiet depression I went through in the past couple of weeks.
Thanks, Gary, for the good words.
Leena

scc right tonsil T1N1M0, right tonsillectomy + modified neck dissection 3/04, radiation IMRT both sides X33 ended 6/04.
Also had renal cell carcinoma, left kidney removed 11/04