Ive sent you a PM with more info. When fully explained, the situation appears to be much different than what I first understood. This changes what I would advise.

Even though Ambra's situation may "on paper" appear similar, its really a whole different world away. Every single patient is a new case and varies sometimes only slightly from other patients. In this situation since I dont see Ambra as listing HPV+ as part of her signature then her disease is completely different than Tony's an cant be used for comparison.

Your doc sounds like they are on the ball and being very thorough. I like how they were not afraid to speak up and review everything with you instead of being a parrot. That shows their integrity.

I wouldnt rule out chemo, maybe seek out a MO and hear what they have to say. Besides that, put your trust in your doc and try to stay busy and not second guess everything. Dont let cancer teal this time away from you, go out and live your life, all too soon your health situation will change and you wont feel quite so good so do everything now.

Best wishes!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy