Hello Kelly and thanks for responding. Yesterday I spent most of the day reading through your +- 450 post. I am inspired by your knowledge, courage, determination, perserverance etc. as well as your ability to maintain a very positive attitude through it all. I hope that on this very day you are back to a new normal which is at least equivalent to the way you were before the reoccurance and progressively moving forward successfully. I am contacting my Doctors to see if my info can be sent to Univ. of Pittsburg for a determination as to whether they can do anything for me. You have surely introduced others to a possibility for treatment which they were unaware of until reading about your experience. I, as everyone would be, am devastated by the thought of losing my tongue, voice box and soon perhaps my life to this dreadful diease that came with so little warning.

How are you doing? Are you eating, working and generally enjoying life in a confortable way? I hope so.

I grew up in Belleville Michigan which is a small lake front town near Ypsilanti Michigan.

Take care!

2010 sore throat
Jan 2011 ENT no prob
Jun CAT no prob
July PET
July biop pos
July PEG

HPI (1-3) T2N1 squamous cell carcinoma right tongue base treatment chemo/XRT end Oct 2011.
Jan 2012 PET neg
June PET-18mm mass right tongue base pos to 7.2 SUV no nodes pos
July MRI.
July bio pos