Tomorrow is Don's checkup. We'll hopefully get some questions answered and learn more about this surgery. I pray when they do the surgery they can save at least one of his vocal cords. Don told me that after this surgery, he hopes his neck doesn't feel like it's in a vice, like it has the last 7 months. I told him I hope not either, but that if he didn't start doing his neck and mouth exercises he probably wasn't going to feel much better. He never opens his mouth!! He'si starting to complain of both jaws hurting. I wonder if this is a sign of trismus? I'm worried about our kids as well. I know this affects them as well. Don use to play with them all the time now he can barely get off the couch, or pick the little one up. I am asking about his thyroid tomorrow as well. Thanks for listening

Callie, 24, cg to husband, Don, 43, smoker 20+ years, quit smoking 12/11! 3/09- spot on tongue, biopsy-. 3/10 biopsy-. 10/14/11 biopsy+. Surgery to remove front half of tongue and 32 lymph nodes (contained in one node).. 12/09/11. 6 weeks rad tx 2/1/12-3/20/12. Trach removed 4/12. Still using peg.