Oh Callie - I'm so glad to hear that Don's Mom and Dad are coming down. It will be such a help to have them close. I'm sure they must be so worried and want to be able to do something to help you and the children. When you get a chance, you could make a list of some of the most pressing needs - like trips to the pharmacy for meds or doing something with the children, laundry, meal prep. etc. If anyone asks you or your parents if there is anything they can do, they could be shown the list and they can choose for themselves which they feel most comfortable doing. Keeping busy will help them, too. I'm so glad you were able to eat something - it's important to keep up your strength. You've been doing so much and you need to take care of you, too. Let us know what happens with the second opinion. Sending big hugs to you and your family.

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)