Thank you both! I haven't heard his voice in awhile. He was barely understandable before radiation, but since he hasn't talked. I'm just afraid if we take the time to get an appointment and meet with new doctors it will be to late. I've had to suction his trach and mouth out almost before every hour tonight. He seems so much more weak than he already was. For the past almost two months he has been having hot flashes. Just now he had beads of sweat all over is face and head. I've asked the doctor about thyroid he said they don't check for that til 6 months out of treatment. I just feel like he is giving up already. I told him I would rather have his new self than not at all. I hate seeing him like this! If this stupid mucus would disappear, he would probably have more strength and rest.

Callie

Callie, 24, cg to husband, Don, 43, smoker 20+ years, quit smoking 12/11! 3/09- spot on tongue, biopsy-. 3/10 biopsy-. 10/14/11 biopsy+. Surgery to remove front half of tongue and 32 lymph nodes (contained in one node).. 12/09/11. 6 weeks rad tx 2/1/12-3/20/12. Trach removed 4/12. Still using peg.