Callie,

My heart breaks for you, your husband, and your children. It's so hard not to cry in front of them and they probably can't comprehend the extent of what is happening to their Dad. I know you have a lot on your plate...way too much. Maybe you can get help from any family that is nearby or friends to take the kids for a while so you can get things in order and have an all-out screaming-crying-swearing fit if need be. I know you mentioned that Don's family isn't nearby. Has anyone offered to come down to help you out? Call on people for favors. They often want to help, but sometimes need to be given specific tasks to do. Just tell them what you need, no matter how big or small and someone will likely come through.

I wish for you the strength to get through each hour or each day and just do the next right thing...one foot in front of the other. I wish the same for Don, who must be terrified!

Here's to hoping for a cure and getting on the way to a new normal life where you can all live as a loving family. Life is NOT fair and I think that some of us get dealt a really crappy hand. I will never understand it, as many of us won't.

You and your family will be in my thoughts. Please keep us posted as you are able.

Big hugs to you and the kids!
Kerri

37 y/o fem at Dx (23 wks preg @ dx on 3/16/11)
SCC L oral tongue (no risk factors)
L partial gloss/MND 3/28/11 @ 25 wks preg
T1-2N0M0; no rads/chemo
Tonsillectomy on 8/6/12 +SCC L tonsil T2-3N1M0 (HPV-)
Treated with 35 rads/7 carbo & taxol (Rx ended 10/31/12), but many hospitalizations d/t complications from rx.
Various scans since rx ended are NED!
Part of genetic study for rare cancers @ MGH.
44 years old now...I wasn't sure I would make it! Hoping for 40 more!