I've heard of cc of America... They are private cancer hospitals I believe. Though a second opinion never hurt. As for the mucous I remember mine being very mucousy I only had it in a few days - it may have to do with the whole healing process etc.. His body's way of dealing with the trauma - I believe once he adapts to it it and heals a bit it will clear up a bit, and tamvonk was right don't remove the trache ever - just the cannula, and do the suctioning (which I have to say I hated immensely when I had it done to me) mind you the nurses were rather violent with the suction and I'm sure one of them scraped a layer of skin off the inside of my bronchae one day with the damn thing! But aside from that I think it's just a waiting game, one of my schools has a severely disfigured little girl there - she was either born with a missing jaw or had to have it removed. She has a permanent trache and has to be suctioned fairly frequently - it may just be normal. Hugs - good luck with the second opinion.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan