My husband is half way through treatment tomorrow,rads 5 days a week and chemo(cisplaten)one day a week.On Tuesday due to swelling of tongue ,mucos,and very sore mouth which caused him not to be able to eat and he was also havind trouble with his fluid intake the team decided to admit him to hospital for a week.Last night the surgen came to see my husband and said since he was on Cisplatin he would not advise a tube feed as those on cisplatin do not heal well after and there can be some leakagefrom the site in the future.The surgen said he would talk to my husbands team and advise against it.Just off the phone from my husband and he can hardly talk and said his mouth is very sore they gave him morphine last night and a syringe without the needle to apply a cream/fluid which really helps.My husband is also on warfren and has been for a number of years and this my also complecate things..Do you think they will be able to feed him through the nose or will he have to just try and get as much fluid and calories through his mouth.

He has a great team and is in a great hospital and up to this point is very positive and confident but I am afraid that as each new side effect comes it will get him down.

I think this site is great and for the last mounth have been looking at it every day to plan ahead .Because of you he had his hearing Tested , a speech thERAPIST on board .We have ordered the THERAbITE AND have A NEW BED WHERE YOU CAN RAISE THE HEAD SO HE CAN SLEEP BETTER.aLSO CAN YOU TELL ME WHICH MODEL OF WATER PIK (SORRY CANT REMEMBER EXACT NAME) TO buy.

sorry for mess in note but not sure how to incress size of box so will leave as is or wount get this off to you.

age 50,dx march 2012,tx start 16th may,rads 34 imrt,chemo 7,no surgery.HPV ?.stg 4 BOT plus 1 sliva gland and toncil,casual drinker,smoked 19yrs ago but had odd cig.cycles approx 10ks 5 days wk.