Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Tink222 Offline OP
Contributing Member (25+ posts)
OP Offline

All I want to do right now is scream at the top of my lungs, "I hate you cancer!!!!! I hate you and want you out of my body!!! I hate you and want you to leave everyone's body because no one wants you!!!! I want to punch you so hard and knock you down! I hate you cancer!! mad

SCC 4a Biopsy- under tongue 4/7/17 results Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Surgery scheduled 5/9/17. Tumor Boarf reviewing case next Wednesday 5/3/17 Appt surgery/reconstruction/involvement TBD a affected area-base of tongue on the entire right side floor of mouth from base of tongue to wall of mandible, lymph nodes in neck involved. Proceeding w/PET, surgery/ reconstruction TBD, trach, port, radiation, chemo, feeding tube. Learning from you everyday. DeboraLee

I hate it too Tink....but I am battling every day! Don't give up! Get a good support system in place! I feel for you and what you are going through!

When I was going through treatments I would message my sisters every few days with an update and end with "screw cancer." Although I didn't say screw.

Getting POed at this disease and all the pain that comes with it is pretty natural. I hope you can take all of that emotion and focus it on getting better. Like Cougardad said, it's a "battle". Fight back.

Last edited by EMTK3; 04-15-2017 09:50 PM.

Edward, 64 yrs
7/21/2016 Dx BOT stage 4 w additional tumors neck & left lymph node
8/15/2016 began Tmt EBT w Cesplatin 1x week for 8 wks.
Feeding tube and port.
10/17/2016 finished treatment. CT still shows tissue. Dr. Says 60% chance it is scar tissue.
01/13/2016 PET Scan shows no sign of cancer.
Tink222 Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you all for your support! I've re-read your posts several times. I pop into my "safe place" (aka; OCF) to read whatever ever I can to be more informed.

You....my friends are my new addiction!

Next week: Packed with appointments

Tentative date for surgery: 5/9/17

SCC 4a Biopsy- under tongue 4/7/17 results Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Surgery scheduled 5/9/17. Tumor Boarf reviewing case next Wednesday 5/3/17 Appt surgery/reconstruction/involvement TBD a affected area-base of tongue on the entire right side floor of mouth from base of tongue to wall of mandible, lymph nodes in neck involved. Proceeding w/PET, surgery/ reconstruction TBD, trach, port, radiation, chemo, feeding tube. Learning from you everyday. DeboraLee
Supporting Member (50+ posts)
Supporting Member (50+ posts)

We HATE it too Tink222

Hate it. frown

but we LOVE OCF and we give HUGS here too ((((((( )))))))) sending giant one your way

oddly, enough... in the moment of writing hate it... because I am a lord of the rings fan...
I see Gollum and hear him saying "we Hates it" "we do"

MrsW
Wife, RN and CG to husband 55 yo diagnosed with tonsillar /lymph nodes SCC HPV+ 11/9/16- PEG and Power Port 12/9/16. Treatment started 12/27 Cisplatin x7 and RAD x35 on 12/28/16. Trismus had gotten worse!
Tink222 Offline OP
OP Offline

You made me laugh out loud about Gollum!

Tink222 Offline OP
OP Offline

I'm having surgery on May 9th and scared out of my mind!!! Lately I'm worried about surviving the sugery. So I've worked myself up into a lather and I'm trying to organize family photos, preparing to leave video messages but it's making me soooo sad. The forum and other people I've talked to encourage patients to think positive and that our outcome(s) will be better. So I need to leave this pity party and put my big girl panties on starting right now!!! grin

I wish OCF had a live chat room.

Administrator, Director of Patient Support Services
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
Administrator, Director of Patient Support Services
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

I completely understand where you are coming from. Most patients are afraid of the unknown and the "what if's" can quickly get away from them. Best thing I can tell you is to focus on what is controllable and to stay busy. If you do things to keep your mind occupied on something like a new hobby, reading something that interests you and holds your attention, family outings to make memories, etc all will help pass the time. With about 2 weeks until you have surgery, you have tons of things to do to prepare.

We are strictly monitored to ensure our forum is about only scientifically proven medical procedures to keep everyone safe. A chat room would never be able to be monitored to keep everyone safe from bogus cures, sales attempts, incorrect (potentially harmful) medical advice, etc. We take pride in being a badge holder for many years from Health on the Net. This means our site must pass the scrutiny from a panel of independent judges to provide correct, relevant, up to date medical info without any influence from businesses trying to sell our members things or trying to collect email addresses or member lists. Very few sites can pass these tests and continually exceed expectations like OCF has. While a chat feature would be great for the moment, it opens up a door for our members to be taken advantage of when they are at their weakest. Im sorry to disappoint you but I dont see OCF ever adding the chat feature. But on the bright side, posts get answers usually fairly quickly from members who all have things to contribute to help others. We're like a very big extended family who understands each other better than most familys ever could.

Dont you worry, we will get you thru this. We'll give you info and support to help as much as we can. Its ok to contact me tomorrow if you'd like to talk, you have my contact info if you need me.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma
2 mo xtended hospital stay, ICU & burn unit
PICC line IV antibx 8 mo
10/4/10, 2/14/11 reconst surg
OC 3x in 3 years
very happy to be alive smile

Sending you healing vibes, energy, thoughts and prayers. It's an extremely daunting and difficult time and if you need to talk, contact me.

Last edited by ChristineB; 05-02-2017 03:46 AM. Reason: removed email address

Squamous cell carcinoma of tongue (never smoked and not HPV related) stage 4 diagnosed 8-2016; #6 trach, partial glossectomy, reconstruction. neck dissection 9-2016. 3 nodes out of 25 removed were positive for cancer--refused radiation & chemo; monitored via quarterly MRIs.

How well I remember what you're dealing with since I was diagnosed only last August and had my surgery Sept 19th, 2016.
I was and still am alone with no family or close friends for support or help, but I'm okay and have come through this ordeal intact probably because I'm such a stubborn and tough person. Btw, I refused radiation and chemo and think that's why I'm as well as I am though I'm sure many people would disagree. Again, feel free to contact me for support.

Squamous cell carcinoma of tongue (never smoked and not HPV related) stage 4 diagnosed 8-2016; #6 trach, partial glossectomy, reconstruction. neck dissection 9-2016. 3 nodes out of 25 removed were positive for cancer--refused radiation & chemo; monitored via quarterly MRIs.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums23