Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)

Lori,

I think it's a statement in and of itself that you were worried about posting your point of view. I've felt this way as well, but I'm so opinionated and more brash then most and have come to grips with the fact I'm going to piss people off with some of the things I say.

With that being said, I view life as a battle that no one escapes from alive. Do some face darker realities then others in the battle...most certainly, but in the end we all end up the same. Some would argue that it's how we've lived and how we handled ourselves to the end that counts...and I believe in that. Is it cliche? Sadly most things in life can be considered so. Hell I think Rolex watches are cliche and prefer Patek Philippe, Omega or IWC...are they still overpriced time pieces? Sadly yes. (that was my shallow, materialistic side)

Anyway I was glad to see you share your thoughts and feelings and hope you've inspired others to share no matter if their opinion is popular belief or not...as long as it's sincere.

Eric

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.
"OCF Down Under"
Contributing Member (25+ posts)
"OCF Down Under"
Contributing Member (25+ posts)

This shows the power of words which i realised when my doctor told me i had cancer,i went on my own and my partner went to work,the doctor saw the look on my face and said she would ring my partner and i said no i'm fine i wasn't it felt like someone had reached in and pulled my insides out it was a very hollow feeling and mentally it felt dreamlike i must've been in shock keeping this in mind i didn't tell my partner i said it was inconclusive because i coudn't do to her what my doctor did to me.She found out a week later from the ENT doctor three of them the look on her face was enough to destroy me and to this day i feel i did the right thing so it is a battle alright with ourselves to keep ourselves present from the start to the finish. Much love and peace to everyone.

2yr survivor
throat cancer
so far so good

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members