It was just 6 and half weeks ago on April 15, Patty posted in the oral cancer recurrence forum about "Round 3 for Patty"

[quote]The biopsy today came back positive. I am in shock mostly. I am also in pain. I see the oncologist on Friday to find out what my options are but the ENT and the reconstructive surgeon say it is inoperable.

I'm going to compile a list of possibilities for second opinions. The oncologist says that there are some clinical trials also.

It is a very quiet night here for me and my puppers.

Patty[/quote]

It is a terrible loss for this board - her spirit was so great. When I joined OCF, I avoided reading the "oral cancer recurrence" forum out of a superstitious fear that it would somehow "jinx" my then complete remission. Obviously that did not work out very well as a cancer prevention strategy. So as you read and post in this general forum, think about how lucky we all are, right now, to still be alive. Look how quickly Round 3 ended for Patty. Hug your loved ones, Got to go now and re-read some of Patty's posts in the recurrence and other forums. I know I will miss her reassurances and love of life.
Charm

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13