I saw the following on Facebook:

"Patricia Fleischli Goodwin has lost her courageous battle against head and neck cancer. Patty passed away peacefully at home tonight. I will post funeral details as soon as they are available. -Lisa Floros"

I am stunned and so saddened by her passing. She has been such a supportive, positive, and caring spirit - so full of hope of determination. My condolences to all her family, her friends and relatives as well as her "furkids", and to our OCF family who will miss her greatly.

Donna
I have lost a friend.

Like so many others here, I will miss Patty very much, she was such a genuine caring person.

I can't hold back my tears.

My sincere condolences to her family.

Karen

Im very surprised by this news. Its such a awful disease. Patty was so kind and corageous, such a genuinely nice person. She kept fighting even with such a dismal prognosis.

Im going to miss her very very much. Today is a terribly sad day. It was my pleasure to have had her as my friend even for such a brief amount of time.

For the newer people who may not know her, she posted under the name Good1. She was so encouraging and helpful to others.

May Patty finally rest in peace.
I got an e-mail from margaret about this some hours ago but was very reluctant to post on the forum without confirmation.If this news is indeed correct then i am stunned.

liz
I hate when we lose another good one. I will miss you Patty!
It was just 6 and half weeks ago on April 15, Patty posted in the oral cancer recurrence forum about "Round 3 for Patty"

[quote]The biopsy today came back positive. I am in shock mostly. I am also in pain. I see the oncologist on Friday to find out what my options are but the ENT and the reconstructive surgeon say it is inoperable.

I'm going to compile a list of possibilities for second opinions. The oncologist says that there are some clinical trials also.

It is a very quiet night here for me and my puppers.

Patty[/quote]

It is a terrible loss for this board - her spirit was so great. When I joined OCF, I avoided reading the "oral cancer recurrence" forum out of a superstitious fear that it would somehow "jinx" my then complete remission. Obviously that did not work out very well as a cancer prevention strategy. So as you read and post in this general forum, think about how lucky we all are, right now, to still be alive. Look how quickly Round 3 ended for Patty. Hug your loved ones, Got to go now and re-read some of Patty's posts in the recurrence and other forums. I know I will miss her reassurances and love of life.
Charm
I hate this cancer and Patty will be missed. She was helping others to the very end. What a person.
frown I can't believe it. She was such a fighter. She will be sorely missed.
Patty,

You are in my heart. I will miss you...
She really was a "Good1".
I hope that Patty, Neil, Brenda, Sofie, Tom, and all the other angels are together in heaven eating and drinking everything they want to. I also pray that they are looking down on all of us.

Sue
I just reread her last two post on May 21 and 22. She was going to do so much. I can't belive this happened so quickly, but better this way than a long lingering painful death. May she rest in peace. We will miss you Patty. My deepest sympathy to your friends and family.

Take care,
Eileen
I am really saddened. She was so positive and supportive.
My deepest sympathy to all of those close to her.
Cecilia
I am saddened to hear the news of Patty. Feared the worst when her last post was on the 22 May and the last email I sent her with cyber flowers on the 25th May went unanswered
As many others I will miss her and take consolation that she is now at peace.
I understand now why we call this a family as I feel like I have lost a sister.
Gabriele
this makes me sad...
Patti I am having trouble swallowing that you are gone. We talked so much and I felt really close to you like most of us here. It was facebook that assisted me to put your face with your name. I will miss you and think of you fondly in the blooming flowers and remember your garden!!! I am also giving all the dogs in this house an extra treat for you...Man this is really hard...Heaven has definately gained a bright angel.. I will miss you dearly
Patty and i exchanged a few private e - mails.She contacted me when her recurrance was diagnosed and asked me what happened with Rob during his last weeks.She was scared,but wanted to know how things might pan out.As with so many here,the way in which she would die was on her mind.Hard as this is to comprehend,i for one am thankful that she never had to dwell on the subject for too long,and fate snuck up on her when she least expected it.This is the last message i got from her a few days ago

[quote] want to express my gratitude for your insight and experience that you have shared with me. I know that it can not be easy to relive what you went through and I really appreciate the fact that you have shared woth me.

I have stomped my feet and had my scan today and on Weds I meet with the Oncologist to go over everything and see if there is anything that can be done for me.

Patty[/quote]

I want to express my gratitude for your insight and experience that you have shared with me. I know that it can not be easy to relive what you went through and I really appreciate the fact that you have shared woth me.

I have stomped my feet and had my scan today and on Weds I meet with the Oncologist to go over everything and see if there is anything that can be done for me.

Patty
Ever the encouraging word, Good1 for sure. I am saddened.
So, so sad and also so scarey for us starting out on this journey. At least she didn't linger and suffer for long. Prayers to her friends and family on such a sad loss.
Such a sad time. I remember her encouragement when I posted just a month ago about my new diagnosis. My prayers are going out for her family and friends.
I am sure that Patty would liked to have had a few miore days to carry out her plans to sit outside with her dogs and if she was up to it too do a little in her garden,.Just her and her dogs. It seems she told me andChristine a lot of things in private, She was just so special in my life like she was to all. She always ended with I love you. That was nice and I will always cherish her memory, If anyone of you have gone to her obituary she was beautiful just as i had thought she was,very beautiful with long flowing hair.
I wish I could have made it to her house and cuddled to her as she wanted. It's too late for the if things, but I should have ignored her thinking it was too for me to travel and just gone and held her close. It would have mde us both feel much better and gave her her one wish to let people know how beautiful she was.
I am so saddend by this news. Patti wanted so much to help OCF spread awareness, she joined as volunteer in her state. She would email me and say she wanted to do anything that she could. I thank her with all my heart. OCF wants to thank her for all of her help during her courageous battle. We have lost one wonderful person.

Even more reason to get the word out about this terrible, terrible disease.

My sincere sympathies to her family.
In case anyone would like to sign Patty's guestbook, here is the link:

http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=194230750343&h=0UrK7&u=Nitzh&ref=nf

Thank you Christine, I just went to the site.
It's been a few days since I was on the Forum and I was absolutely shocked to hear about Patty. I didn't think it would be this quick, even though it is a blessing for her. I went to the funeral home website too and signed the guestbook. It was really good to put a face with my thoughts of Patty. She was definitely a beautiful lady both inside and out. I am sure that her positive and caring ways have paved a life in heaven with no pain and lots of "puppers". We will all miss her support and kindness. Take care, Patty.

Nancy
This is so sad. Patty was such a wonderful person and I loved talking to here and on Facebook. She was everyone's biggest cheerleader. She will be missed so very much.

© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum