Tracy:
Tell you husband, he's a wuss!!!. I'm a female, 150 lbs., 5ft. 3 in., out of shape 55 years old, and I AM DOING THE SAME TREATMENT. Everyone handles it differently, but the doctors should be able to handle any pain.

My radiation doctor requested that I put in the feeding tube during our first visit. It's not defeatist! Doctor's are aware of both the mental and physical problems, and know that keeping your body function nutritionally well, will help with the treatment process and healing.

The most difficult thing for a patient is to keep a positive attitude. I've stopped reading a lot of negative cancer stories and articles. The statistics given, are only statistics. My case is individual, and I'll continue to work to make it exceptional!!!!! That should be your husband's attitude. If not, have him write me. Attitude makes all the difference.

I'm sorry if I seem so angry, but I just had a cousin die from lung cancer who could have lived happier and longer, but chose to give up...I just can't make that choice!!!

Sandy 56, BOT SCC Biopsy 1/21/09 Stage 3, T3NXM0.
Finished 3 cycle induction chemotherapy 4/7/09. (Chisplatin, 5-fu and Texotere). Re-staged 4/20/09,(very successful.) Will start Carboplatin/radiation 2 Gy/5 days/7 weeks (Tomotherapy) starting May 4th. Finished 6/22/09.
OCF member/supporter