That is true Pete, if people did not pay the ridiculous price then they would lower it. I like the ideas that we have here and will give some of them a try. I am doing fairly well with the spoon and turning it upside down when I get it in the correct spot. If it is not far enough back then it is quite a trick to get the food to go down, but I am happy to say that I have been successful lately. I tried cottage cheese again last week and it went a lot better than the first time.

My therapist loaned me a no chew cook book to look at and some of the recipes sound good. They only make 4 servings too so I could eat some and then freeze small potions for later. I am trying to get interested in making things to eat so that I will start taking in more by mouth now that I am a safer swallower.
For now I still do mainly cream soups and things that I know I am safe with when I am home alone. I am training the dogs to call 911 if I choke. smile

Patty

SCC Floor of Mouth 7/06
9/06 Surgery, bilateral neck dissection, 58 nodes clear PT2pN0pMx
35 rad 2006
Recurred 6/08, 1 Carboplatin, 1 Cisplatin
Surgery 9/08 - Total glossectomy, free flap from pectoral muscle, left mandible replaced using fibula
35 IMRT & Erbitux 11/08
4/15/09 recurrence
6/1/09 passed away, rest in peace