[quote=Sam K.]Hi Patty,

I'm just doing it straight and cold turkey. Yeah it's really hard my physical craving is off the hook but I realize now the way to go is to go cold turkey and get through that first day and after that just keep at it. But if you have a relapse of just one cigarettes it makes it hard. But it's still hard I still get physical cravings.

An update: I just went to my dentist today and he saw the white patch, my patch is a recessed patch and my dentist hasn't seen anything like it but I asked him and he has seen oral cancer before. Says I should just get the biopsy so mine is still scheduled for March 5th. One other thing when I had colds before there have been times I have gotten this but it always went away after the cold. But this time it's been here for 3 months and the last 3 days I've been feeling really light headed. Anxious to get my biopsy. [/quote]

Hi Sam,

I had an oral cancer scare last fall. About 3 weeks before I had to undergo an excisional biopsy of a submandibular lymph node I started taking Champix and quit smoking a week before the biopsy. I stopped taking Champix just before the biopsy (I couldn't sleep while taking it) and haven't had a smoke since. I smoked up to 2 packs a day for around 40 years. I fortunately don't have oral cancer however I do continue to read these forums on a daily basis and the terrible ordeals that some of these brave folks go through, or have gone through, is enough to keep me straight.

Good luck on both the health and smoking fronts.