sam - way to go on quitting now. smoking is like playing russian roulette ... it will get ya, it is just a matter of when ... I quit shortly before my diagnosis and am so glad I did ... and have not had once since. This has now been 8+ months now, and I still have days when a smoke is on my mind a LOT but each day it has gotten easier to say no ... and i tell you what, it feels good to be able to say NO to it and stick to it smile i had tried many times in years gone by to quit, and always ended up taking them back up ... but now - no friggin way! whether it was the smokes or another cause for the cancer, i am not playing games with them to find out what they will do ... and i am saving a bookoo lot of money! i smoked a pack of canadian (import) cigarettes a day ... that was about $8 a pack US funds ... That is $240 bucks mo +/- for me to play with *or pay medical bills with as the case may be *

i hope your biopsy is negative and that your smoking cessation plans go very well for you... don't quit

Rita - Age 44
wife, mother of 4 - ages 3,16,21,24 & grandma to 1
(R upper) Maxillectomy 8/8/08 - UW / Seattle, WA.

===============================

"Those who think by the inch and speak by the yard, should be kicked by the foot."