Ok I now have some insurance info. Its good news for some, not so great for me.

I deal with Allstate and the agent advised me that most people w/ cancer are still able to get life insurance or mortgage life insurance when they are about 5 years out. Of course the rates will be higher. At 10 years out, its very easy to get. He told me this would be basically the same no matter what state you are in. He said he just wrote a policy for a woman who is a breast cancer survivor of 9 years. He said anybody who is only a few years in the clear would have a very difficult time getting any policy written.

For me, unfortunately my mortgage life insurance was on my old house which was alot cheaper than my new one. When I bought this house 2 1/2 yrs ago, I thought the insurance carried over, which it did not. I have the option of converting it to life insurance with a monthly increase of $60 per month. The insurance is only for $54,000. If I let it go, then it will gradually decrease like it had before but the price stays at $23 a month. My thinking is to let it go for about 5 years, then try to convert it again. The value would only drop by about $6000. Any insurance experts out there that could tell me if its worth it. I told them to let it go how it is since I have $250,000 life insuance thru work which would cover everything necessary anyway.

Hope I was able to give some helpful info.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma