Okay, I don't know if anyone can help me with this but here's my problem (besides being awake at 2 am). I am hungry ALL the time and normally that wouldn't be a problem but it is out of control. Before I go into any further explanations, I have appointments in the next week with my MO, RO, and ENT so I will definitely be asking all of them about this as well. Okay, so, I eat probably every few hours during the day, and not just little snacks, but actual meals for the most part. I wake up around 8 and drink a carnation instant breakfast, then I will eat again at 9:30, 11:00 (lunch), 2:00 (snack), 3:30 (second lunch - apparently I'm part Hobbit), 7:00 (dinner) and then maybe one other time in the evening but that is usually just ice cream or something. If I go any longer in between meals I get really light headed and start to feel really bad - and I'm eating good food, veggies, oatmeal, etc... I'm really careful about making sure I eat a lot of protein and such. I know I am healing from surgery and treatment and all but it's just been the past couple of weeks that this has become a problem and my surgery was in May and treatment ended 2 months ago almost. So, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Stephanie, 23, SCC on the right side of my tongue, surgery on 5-19-08, over half my tongue removed, free flap constructed from my forearm, bilateral neck dissection, one positive node. Radiation (32) and chemo (carboplatin) started on 6-16-08. Recurrence 4/09 in lungs.

**** Stephanie passed away 12.15.09.... RIP our dear friend****