Hello Everyone,

First, sorry I haven't been posting but the chemo is really kicking my you know what. I don't want to post when I'm feeling so negative but I see that Amy has kept everyone up to date. I don't know what I'd do without Amy. I have plenty of people to care for me but it's Amy that I trust the most. She's always here for me. My husband has to work so much and the other girls do what they can but it's Amy that has taken on the role of main caregiver. I worry about her doing it but she insists. She just graduated from college, she should be out there making her dreams come true. Plus I hate having her hear bad news from the doctors. She's trying to take care of me and I'm trying to protect her from the reality of this disease.

I'm feeling stronger every day but still get dizzy when I stand up to quick. I also get tired alot easier but I sleep when I'm tired so I am listening to my body. I'm working on my swallowing each day and can swallow water really well now, even though I don't love water. The water helps keep the extra saliva under control, I'm so sick of that part. I always have a tissue with me, afraid I'm going to drool and not know I'm doing it!

My cheer team starts back up for the new school year on the 1st of August, then they have camp on the 4th and 5th. I'm excited that the timing is right when I'll be strong enough to be a part of it. Those girls are so important to me and have been with me through this illness so no worries about how I look or talk with them. This year all three of my youngest girls will be on the squad and we'll compete in Florida the beginning of January so I'm very excited about that. God willing my scans will be good news and I'll be here in January.

Hope all of you are doing great and having a nice summer. Love to all.

Minnie

SCC Left Mandible. Jaw replaced with bone from leg. Neck disection, 37 radiation treatments. Recurrence 8-28-07, stage 2, tongue. One third of tongue removed 10-4-07. 5-23-08 chemo started for tumor behind swallowing passage, Our good friend and much loved OCF member Minnie has been lost to the disease (RIP 10-29-08). We will all miss her greatly.