I wish this were transpiring here in the US - last year I was an expert witness in several cases, in all of which the doctor involved lost the case, or the insurance settled out of court before the court date. Not having social medicine here in the states makes it much easier to go after an individual for their actions. In two of the cases the doctor's insurance not only had to pay the damages for loss, but in those cases they refused to insure the doctor again. This means that he is out of practice forever since it is not possible in this country to practice without insurance. If any of your consultants or solicitors would like to communicate with me regarding data about the impact of late diagnosis, failure to diagnose, failure to refer, or failure to meet standards of care, I would be pleased to talk or email with them.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.