The reason i am persuing what Robin started is because this man has already been investigated by a governing body of his peers and found to be negligent in his actions.
On top of that he has consistently lied about what he saw in robs mouth on october 20th,which has been proved by a team of independant experts. This final stage is to decide what action they will take against him,in terms of his future fitness to practice.Once that has been decided i dont think the compensation case should be too difficult to prove.When rob was first seen at the cancer centre they said he had a 90% chance of a ten year survival but admitted the time wasted getting him to the hospital made things a bit less straight forward. what happened next seemed to come as a complete shock and in my eyes was a direct result of the delay in diagnosis and the aggressivness of the secondary tumour.

So my attitude is this.If the dentist had held his hands up and admitted he made a mistake ,i would have settled for the enquiry and an admonishment.But the lack of compassion and the lies he has told have made me good and mad now, and he needs to realise the consequences of his actions.

It sounds as if i will have a struggle on my hands with the total lack of factual and statistical information that the legal firms seem to have,but i am sure that Brian will be able to furnish me with any stuff i need to educate these ignoramuses.

In the uk we have a three year cut off for compensation claims so once i have the reports in my hands after the court case in september i will set things in motion.

In the mean time i need to work out a plan of action regarding these negligence solicitors who have no knowledge of the results of missed or misdiagnosis of oral cancer.

thanks for your support jeff and david and nelie and malka and christine .It is much appreciated as i worry if i am doing the right thing.And collen you are doing great so keep at it.

love liz

Last edited by Cookey; 07-02-2008 12:05 PM.

Liz in the UK

Husband Robin aged 44 years Dx 8th Dec 2006 poorly differentiated SCC tongue with met to neck T1N2cM0 Surgery and Radiation.Finished TX April 2007
Recurrence June/07 died July 29th/07.

Never take your eye off the ball, it may just smack you in the mouth.