Liz,
The lack of knowledge on OC is astounding!! Your case deserves to get international publicity.
It should be back to school time for those "expert" lawyers. They could come on here and read some of the histories! Of course this would probably be irrelevant to them as lawyers as these are "anecdotal."
As I have been fortunate to have had a completly opposite experience than you and Rob in that my dentist caught my OC at a very early stage. Therefore, I feel that I should contribute my efforts to this cause. I will gladly prepare a research paper on the importance of early detection of OC. (My original college work was in Political Science with a concentration on comparing statistical evidence of voting behavior. I never used that training, so this would be a good opportunity for me to make those years worthwhile.)
Whatever happens, just the fact that you have gotten so far and are bringing this into the public eye is very important. Please keep us up to date.
Malka

Wishing you the best, Malka

SCC stage II Partial mandibulectomy w. neck dissection- July 2005. Renal cancer w. partial nephrectomy-Jan 2004. Breast cancer discovered in routine mammogram. Successful lumpectomy, sentinal nodes clear, RT only-2008 Reconstruction of mandible w fibula free flap-Jan 09. TORS removal of begnin pappiloma from esophagus-2010. Masectomy,rt breast 2013.
Support OCF