Sophia-

I agree with Bailey4 that you should try the patches and then take something else (liquid oxycodone or something similar that you can put in your peg tube if you have one or can take by mouth more easily and use this for breakthrough pain). I can't really answer your question about chemo but a close friend of mine has pancreatic cancer and surgery was not an option. He has used chemo to try to slow the growth of his tumor and has done quite well. He has had to be very aggressive about pain management and about managing side effects from chemo (e.g., nausea, fatigue) and he relies on his partner to be his advocate. He has sought second opinions about other chemo protocols (esp. if his current one stops being as effective which apparently happens often or sometimes the initial protocol is not effective). I imagine you are so tired and overwhelmed so that is where you really could use a strong and persistent family member or friend to understand all of your concerns and wishes from you and then translate them along with you for your doctors.

My thoughts are with you as you have been through so much- Sophie

Sophie T.

CG to husband: SCC Stage 4, T4, N1, M0; non-smoker and very light social drinker; HPV+
induction chemo begun 7/07; chemo/radiation ended 10/10, first cat scan clear; scan on 5/9/08 clear, scan on 10/08 clear; scan 1/09 clear; scan 1/10 clear; passed away July 2, 2016