Sophia, Good for you for at least trying the chemo. I'm sorry it hit you so hard. I may be misunderstanding what you're saying about your situation, but you say it seems your doctor has accepted there's no turning back--does that mean he has clearly told you there is nothing else he can do that will help you? I think you at least deserve to know whether he thinks there is nothing more he can do that will be of help instead of judging that it "seems he has accepted" it.

I mean, maybe that is something that doctors don't feel obligated to do in every country, and it used to be true here that often doctors would not tell patients when they thought theere were no more medical treatments that would work because they were uncomfroatble talking about death.

And you also should be able to get some kind of help if you are in pain no matter what your doctor thinks about whether there are more treatments that would help. Are there hospices in Greece? If so, is there a hospice near you? They are often better at making sure patients are not in pain than doctors.

You have fought this disease so hard, I wish there was soemthing else you could do, but mayeb it's time to fight just to be treated respectfully and as though pain control is very important right now.

Nelie

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"