Minnie, Add me to the list of people that keeps you in my prayers. I can understand the fear (I was very scared of the chemo part of my treatment too) but I'm also glad you have a plan because being in that gray area where you aren't sure what to do can also be very hard.

I'm sorry this is chemo that will cause you to lose your hair. I thought originally the cisplatin would do that to me and ordered some chemo hats and scarves because I thought wearing a wig would be awfully hot and itchy. I actually still have them (I've been meaning to take them to the breast cancer alliance in our town) but if you want them, I'll send them on (I never wore them because I didn't lose much hair so they're brand new). Just mail me your address if you want them.

I hope you handle the chemo well. Make sure they give you the really good drugs for controlling nausea, like zofran, right away. Don't let them tell you compazine might work and go through trying it, and finding out it doesn't first (can you tell this is what happened to me<grin>).

Actually, I'm sure since you're being treated at Johns Hopkins, that won't be a problem.

I'll be praying for you and your family. Please keep us posted about how it's going when you get a chance.

Nelie

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"