Hello friends,

I had the consult with the chemo oncologist and here is the plan. On the 23rd I will have my first round of chemo, five hours of taxtorate(sp??) and Cisplatin. Then 3 weeks later I will have the same two with F5U added. I'm having a port put in this week, not sure yet what day. Can I tell you that I'm scared to death of this chemo? Everything I've been through and this is the most fear of a treatment that I've experienced. I liked the doc, he was easy to talk to, kind, and to the point. He said I will lose weight and that I'll lose my hair. Yeah. It will be summer here so guess it's the best time of year to lose it. He also said there is a 60% chance of the tumor responding to the chemo. I didn't dare ask him what we'll do if it doesn't respond. I kind of already know........surgery and cyberknife radiation. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that the chemo works.

My mom arrived Saturday so the girls have additional help now. Last Softball game is Friday do I will be able to finish out the season! Camps and Clinics don't start until July so I'm hoping I'll feel better by then. The kids are taking it all pretty well, as is my husband. My second daughter graduated from College on Saturday, Regent University, Pat Robertson himself is the president.......man is he getting old! Another milestone I was able to be at. I'm a lucky woman.

Take care,
Minnie

SCC Left Mandible. Jaw replaced with bone from leg. Neck disection, 37 radiation treatments. Recurrence 8-28-07, stage 2, tongue. One third of tongue removed 10-4-07. 5-23-08 chemo started for tumor behind swallowing passage, Our good friend and much loved OCF member Minnie has been lost to the disease (RIP 10-29-08). We will all miss her greatly.