Hi Frank,
Congratulations on starting Tx. It'll be a bitch but at least there is some comfort that it's started and hopefully will KILL the sucker. I would agree with you to start a new topic in the "in treatment". I would also suggest keeping just one thread for your entire treatment issues instead of 20 different threads for every little issue. Most of us follow people - not issues. It makes it easier for us to follow your progress and share our experiences, as they are relevant, along the way. Since you are in the East Bay (I am too) feel free to email directly and I will give you my phone number if you wish to talk about it. I put San Francisco in my signature line because most people don't know where the East Bay is. I am a native San Franciscan and was treated at UCSF.

Gary Allsebrook
Dx 11/22/02, SCC, 6 x 3 cm Polypoid tumor, rt tonsil, Stage III/IVA, T3N0M0 G1/2
Tx 1/28/03 - 3/19/03, Cisplatin ct x2, IMRT, bilateral, with boost, x35(69.96Gy)
"You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14 NIV)