I too had ethyol during treatment. I had no reaction to it initially, but in week four I developed all over my body. Also, during the docetoxal treatment I would develop a pressure around the heart and lower back pain about 15 minutes into the treatment. I told the docs that the circus was in town and an elephant was sitting on my chest. EKG's were clear, stopping the treatment for ten minutes relieved the symptoms and allowed the treatment to continue with no further problems. The docs at first thought that my getting radiation first and then chemo on the same day caused this reaction, since other people were experiencing it, even though I got chemo then radiation. Then they decided that it might be the ethyol and I did not receive for the last week of rads. In any case my saliva is still not normal, I drink plenty of water all day long. My mouth and lips dry out at night and through the day. A small price to pay to still be able to see the grass.

My theory is try all they suggest, we are all different, and who knows what will work for you. Medicine is an inexact science.

SCC lf tonsil. Tx started 03/07/07,39 rads,8 docetaxel & 4 bevacizumab. Re-occured 02/19/08 back of throat. Tx35 rads 8 chemo. Tx started 05/05/08. PEG re-inserted April,2007.