Donna,

Your words describe how I am feeling right now as well - all of your points hit home. I have a node that the needle biopsy came back atypical and my doctor wants to do a 2nd neck dissection. That is scheduled for this Tuesday and I was getting my head wrapped around that pretty good. I got a phone call yesterday from my nurse telling me that my doctor was being wheeled into the OR due to a detached retina and no one knows if he'll ever operate again; definitely not this Tuesday. I am devastated - I have a great doctor-paient relationship with this doctor. He's 4 years older than me, we have kids the same age, my husband and I can talk to him more as a friend than a doctor. I feel so bad for him as he is a very talented and compassionate doctor. Anyway, they have given me a couple of opinions on another surgeon and I have a huge decision to make. I don't know how to pick a new doctor that doesn't know me or hasn't been there with me the past 3 1/2 years.

All that to say, I think your feelings are totally justified because I feel the same way and we both can't be wrong! If you are in the WHINERS club, then so am I and I must be President! Take care, keep sharing and we'll work through this.

Pam

SCC Base of Tongue Stage IV- 2/04 - 40 Rads 1/2 conventional, 1/2 IMRT; 3 chemo treatments consisting of Carboplatin/Taxol/5-FU; Right Radical Neck Dissection
7/04; scans and pathology clear