Many thanks for the support. My faith really stops a lot of fear dead in its tracks...but I am very human and there are times that I wish this was a "movie" about someone elses life, not mine.
The Home Care program is pretty comprehensive with wheelchairs, walkers, oxygen,lifting devices, and other aids available to me as I may need them. There is also a very compassionate group volunteers in our local Palliative care associatian who provide companionship and respite visiting for those who wish to have it.
I will try to keep posting as currently as I can. As I mentioned before, the adequate treatment of pain is a hugely important part of living and enjoying some quality time with the family. Pain breeds fatigue and fatigue leads to withdrawal..bad stuff for those of us who really want to keep those good connections humming.
In the meantime, the joy of a life fully lived is one of many things that keep me going.
Bless you all a bunch for your kindness and onging support of not just me but each other as well.
Fran B.

SCC Base of tongue diag. April 04 Stage IV, mets to rt. neck multiple nodes 35 rads+8 boosts First recurrence Jan05. Rt.rad neck dissection Feb02/05. Recurred with bone mets in neck July 05.
Committed to survival with dignity.