Gary,

As far as God's lawyer is concerned, as the joke goes...there are no lawyers in heaven. I'm allowed to say this because both of my children are attorneys.

You are right about tonsils and base of tongue cancers. Personally, I intend to have a yearly laryngoscope, because BOT tumors going undetected, scare me. My tonsils were removed as a child, so there is no concern there. All other areas are screened in my office every 3 months. (as well as my personal screenings).

It's a shame that you waited so long, but that is human nature. Relatively speaking, I did the same thing. Waited. I knew I had a lesion, waited for about a month or two, showed it to the surgeon and then postponed the biopsy a few more weeks. This of course is a minimal amount of time, but still, I dragged my feet, when I just had to go into the operatory next to mine. HUMAN NATURE.

Collie, your outlook about law suits and education are right on the mark. And by the way, welcome to the OCF and I hope that your son is doing well. I hope the issue of your son's node is resolved soon. It's good that he is back to work. He should be able to know his limitations.

Jerry

Jerry

Retired Dentist, 59 years old at diagnosis. SCC of the left lateral border of the tongue (Stage I). Partial glossectomy and 30 nodes removed, 4/6/05. Nodes all clear. No chemo no radiation 18 year survivor.

"Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger"