I've been in this situation-- had a couple of visits to the dentist who saw the spot and never told me to get it biopsied. I was stage II when it finally got biopsed--also pretty lucky but because of some aggressive features of the tumor I also had aggressive treatmnt which have left me with some quality of life issues (can't swallow).

With all the other stuff I was dealing with (I was diagnosed with breast cancer--unrelated--at almost the same time I was diagnosed with tongue cancer, and once that was treated there has been the swallowing battle, not over yet) I have not had the energy to think about legal action against the first dentist but I would have a very differnt life, possibly for the rest of my life, if he had caught this earlier.

Is there a time limit on legal action pover something like this? I assume there is and wonder if I'm beyond it already.....

Sorry, not much good advice to give you just to say you aren't alone and I know how you feel (really hope this dentist pays more attention in the future).....

Nelie

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"