Thank you all for the responses.
I am not sure Cathy, if I can give you any more details. I have't a clue of what an IMRT is? I was treated at the University of KY. I had so many docs following my treatment because I was pregnant. I do follow up with an oncologist every 3 months and ENT head/neck cancer physician every 6-8 weeks.

The radiation was directed straight across to prevent any radiation to be directed toward the baby. The only thing I can remember the doc saying was he didn't want the radiation to be directed at an angle (for the baby's sake) and he wanted to protect the vocal cords and my swallowing. I had no other treatment (like 2 treatments twice a day for 7 weeks wasn't enough) besides the right tonsillectomy for biopsy. Hopefully, some of the info could help you answer my ?'s.
It is so great to have found this website. My husband is wonderful but he doesn't understand alot of my fears. I am 33 years old with 3 children so I need the emotional support from others who are experiencing this. Thank you all. Mary

Dx June 2004 stage III right tonsil 1 node involved, 70 radiation tx completed 08/20/04, no chemo or surgery, 32 years old and 26 weeks pregnant at dx and tx. & non-smoker and non-drinker