Please type the word recurrence into the main sites search engine. This will take you to a variety of places where it is discussed. I would also do the same thing in the message board search engine since it is a different section of the site, and the main search engine does not search postings. The statistics are there for people to look at, but please do not read too much into numbers. They do not necessarily apply to you, something that many here have echoed again and again. That does not make the fear/concern of a recurrence go away, it is a normal part of survivorship.

I also agree with Gary on the hospice advice. These individuals are remarkable in their ability to candidly discuss death and the process, in all its mystery many are able to help people understand the process and get to the place of acceptance without fear. But if anyone wishes to know about the details of the "physical" process, I would be happy to discuss them with you. Needless to say it is not an attractive process. As to the emotional and spiritual aspects, I am not an unbiased source of information, and I will stay away from that part of the discussion, though I have been with many in the process, both cancer patients and comrades in Vietnam.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.