Mike-
Although I don't have the answers for you my heart and prayers go out to you, your sister who is fighting for her life and your families. This disease sucks, that's for sure. God give us the strength, faith and love to deal with it.

All of us dealing with cancer are walking a fence with one foot on the "what if it doesn't go away" side and the other foot in the "don't need to know cause I'm cured" side. But we still wonder in our dark moments and we should provide our caregivers with answers somewhere. I think having an area on this site that answers your questions would be a good idea. We wouldn't have to go there if we weren't ready to deal with the reality of reocurrance. But knowing that our caregivers can find answers in the dark hours when they can't sleep (why does it always hit at 3 am?) it sure would be meeting a need.
God's peace to you Mike during this hard time. She is a lucky person to have a caring brother like you - Kris

SCC Stage IV left tonsil neck disection 3/02 radiation finished 6/02 chemo finished 9/02
Stage 2A left breast cancer 3/09, chemo and radiation, finished treatment 2/7/10 -Stage 2 right beast cancer 10/14 chemo and radiation
Every day is still a gift :-)