Yesterday at lunch, I saw another survivor! He had all the signs: a certain facial hair pattern, a slightly reddish skin on the neck and a slightly drooping left shoulder (only one of us survivors would have noticed.) The radical neck scar was on the side away from me so I couldn't be 100% sure. Then when he got up to leave I had to ask. Sure enough Left tonsil SCC, radiation and 2.5 years doing OK!

That makes 4 people I have met locally that have this Cancer and I know there is a 5th because she posts here at OCF from time to time.

What I want to know is what is in our drinking water! The person I met yesterday never smoked. I want to know how the statistics are collected for this cancer. I want to know if we are having an epidemic of this crap. 5 people counting me in a population of 80K seems in the last 3 years like we have a much bigger problem! (I am sure there are more besides)

Mark, 21 Year survivor, SCC right tonsil, 3 nodes positive, one with extra-capsular spread. I never asked what stage (would have scared me anyway) Right side tonsillectomy, radical neck dissection right side, maximum radiation to both sides, no chemo, no PEG, age 40 when diagnosed.