Hi Mike and Liz and Donna,

I read your posts about the ginger ale and carbonation to Dan, so now he's back to drinking it again. :-) BTW, I like the words "healing accelerated"...haven't heard those 2 words together lately.

Donna,

Can you call a triage number for your MO or RO? If it is thrush, the sooner you get an RX the better. Dan's on his 4th bout of thrush. Arrgghhh!!! It always sets him back on fluids and calories. And, this time we caught it within hours of developing and we're still having trouble getting it to go away...he's been on an Rx since Friday.

How's your mom doing outside of the creamy coated tongue? Is she able to eat or drink? Is her weight maintaining?

We're just going into the 4th week of recovery. Every day is a struggle to get in the calories and oz. However, I can tell that Dan is doing much better...even with the thrush.

I just wish we could fast forward a couple months so he could start to enjoy some foods. I feel terribly guilty eating lately.

Margaret
----------
C/G: Husband, 48 (at time of dx)
Dx 5/18/07 SCC, BOT, lymph node involvement. T1N2BM0. (Stage 4a, G2/3)
Tx 6/18 - 8/3/07, IMRT x 33 Cisplatin x3 (stopped after 1st dose due to hearing issues). Weekly Erbitux started 6/27/07 completed 8/6/07.