We're down to 7 treatments...and, now the mucous is really becoming a problem. So, thick can't be swallowed. Is impacting calorie and fluid intake which is a big deal as Dan doesn't have a Peg. Everything he tries to swallow wants to come back up with the mucous.

His doc gave him Caphsol to try 10 times a day...but I was reading here that baking soda and salt water have worked well (perhaps even better) for others. The Caphsol doesn't seem to be doing the trick...although, I don't know that Dan has ever gotten quite to 10 per day yet...that dang fatigue keeps getting in the way.

My question is what is the formula for the baking soda/salt rinses...are these separate formulas...salt water and baking soda water...or are they combined? How much salt and/or baking soda should I use?

Has anyone had success with anything else. Dan can not tolerate Rincinol or the Magic Mouthwash.

Thanks much!

Margaret
----------
C/G: Husband, 48 (at time of dx)
Dx 5/18/07 SCC, BOT, lymph node involvement. T1N2BM0. (Stage 4a, G2/3)
Tx 6/18 - 8/3/07, IMRT x 33 Cisplatin x3 (stopped after 1st dose due to hearing issues). Weekly Erbitux started 6/27/07 completed 8/6/07.