Kirk,
Thank you for the recommendation. I will visit their website and check it out.

Ed,
Thank you. I may be calling on you. I spoke with Houston this morning and they finally have all the test results needed and are sending them over to a doctor to look at. Cross you fingers. If we can't get in I will definately be contacting you.

Gary,
I did not take your comments as crital. I wanted him at a better place from the get-go, but after being cautioned by the nursed and doctors to let he and his wife make the decisions I backed off.

To anyone just diagnosed with oral cancer - please get to a solid cancer center now - before you have any radiation, chemo or surgery. It seems almost impossible to get in after receiving treatment elsewhere. It may be further to travel, less convenient and even more expensive if you don't know anyone to stay with- but push that aside. This is your life and you cannot limit it by compromising your medical care - no matter how much you try to rationalize it, like we did.

Sister of 32 year-old oral cancer victim. Our battle is over but the war rages on. My brother passed July 26, 2005. He was a smokeless tobacco user.