Hey Gita,
Glad you found this board. I wish I would have found it before my hubby's surgery also. Dan developed a "swollen gland" about 4 months after his surgery, which his oral surgeon said was most likely an infection and gave him antibiotics. I questioned cancer (as I had gotton so much more informed from this board by then), and he said it was highly unlikely. To make a long story short, we got an second opinion 3 days later who took 2 seconds to look at a CT scan we ordered ourselves and felt his neck and said definitely cancer, get it out now!! We were shocked about the difference in approaches...and finally ended up with a great Oncology Team after his radical neck dissection since his oral surgeon couldn't get it all. I feel like his oral surgeon didn't really care and surely wasn't aggressive about treatment, although his cancer turned out to be very aggressive. Boy, do we live and learn! I pray for you and your sister and for healing.

God Bless,
Debbie

Debbie - Caregiver for husband, Dan, diagnosed with tongue cancer 7/03. Partial gloss., mod. neck dissections, graft. Recurrence neck tumor 12/03. Radical left neck dissection 12/24/03-unable to get all the tumor. 8 weeks chemo/rad beginning 1/12/04.