Bill,

One more thing I forgot to mention in case you end up looking for 2nd opinions. In addition to St. Joseph's Cancer Center in Tampa, Anderson MD Cancer Center(US News #1) just happens to have a branch in Orlando. I called over there at one point when we thought Jerry wasn't going to be able to get IMRT at Moffitt and set up an appointment. When Moffitt finally came through, I cancelled. Anderson MD - Orlando staff were extremely helpful over the phone. They actually let me speak to one of their doctors without an office visit.

Also, I find it interesting that the Moffitt R.O. told you that "he had not seen much, if any, difference in the after/side effects of the two". We were told they almost never use IMRT for patients who also had surgery, so my husband must have been one of the few they have observed. Throughout his treatment the RO and his nurse told my husband how he was doing so much better than the average patient. I can't say it was due to the IMRT. I just know that those were the comments made at the time.

Wife of Jerry - Dx. Jan '05. SCC BOT T1N2BM0 + Uvula T0N0M0. Stg IV, Surg on BOT and Uvula + Mod Rad Neck Diss.(15 rmvd, 4 w/cancer), IMRT 33x. Cmpltd 5/9/05.