Thank you all for your help, you have all offered some really great advice and insight. We have set up an in-home hospice for my father, because being at home has been really important to him. I must say at first I had my reservations about what hospice exactly is, but they have been nothing but helpful, understand and at our service. I am very very impressed with the hospice care we are getting.

I guess this is all so hard to swallow sometimes because after my father's 2nd treatment in November, his CT and MRI scans were clear.Since dec this has just been a whirlwind. Rosie, I am so sorry to hear about your daughter, my heart goes out to you and your family. Your daughter's experience is actually quite similar to my father's. I think the hardest part is not really knowing what is going on in my father's mind. We have actually tried to talk to him about how feels, I don't even know how to begin the conversation about telling him it is ok to let go.
However I know it is something my family will have say sometime soon.

Uptown, I am happy your mother was able to communicate her last wishes I know how important that is. Joan I know what you mean, sometimes I wonder if my hopes and prayers are actually more selfish then for his own good. For example last week my father spiked a fever while he was at the hospital and the dilemma to give him antibiotics arose. I never thought we would actually be contemplating whether or not to give him antibiotics. In the doctors opinion, we were just going to prolong his misery. However, in my heart I could not make the decision to not give it to him. I told the docs to write him up a prescription. I'm not sure if the decision was selfish or not. At the time I could not bring my self to let him go, in a situation where I had to make the decision. At this point I'm not even sure if a situation like that happens again, where he has an infection if we should even try and give him antibiotics or not.

Thank you again, everyone for you insight and hopes and prayers, my family and I really appreciate it.