Do you live close to your sister? My husband has a hard time being alone. These treatments are awful and there are times he feels he won't make it to the next day. Emotionally, it is extremely hard. I'd be angry if someone wanted to do to my body what his treatment team is doing to his.

My husband has a ton of Rxs and we are thinking of looking into anti-depressants as well. The problem is they generally are not fast acting and take a little time to get into the system.

Sometimes it helps to just sit with him...even though it is hard for him to talk. He was never a big tv watcher, although, recently we have watched a lot of Frazier re-runs. Anything that will make him smile seems to take his mind off the discomfort even momentarily.

If you could spend time with your sister, that might help. But, you should also page her doctor this weekend and get some expert advice.

Dan is starting week 5 of treatments on Monday. Where is your sister in the treatment path? I think I read an earlier post that she couldn't get stronger pain pills because she was driving herself...am I remembering that correctly?

At a minimum, she should get some breakthrough pain pills for weekends and evening when she is home. Or, she should get really strong meds and you could help her by finding a way for her to get driven to the hospital. There should be a social worker at her institution that you could contact who might be able to help.

The Fentynal patch has been a godsend for my husband.

Hang in there, seeing someone you love in such distress is hard. Even though she says she is angry with you...that is the pain talking and she needs you.

Margaret
----------
C/G: Husband, 48 (at time of dx)
Dx 5/18/07 SCC, BOT, lymph node involvement. T1N2BM0. (Stage 4a, G2/3)
Tx 6/18 - 8/3/07, IMRT x 33 Cisplatin x3 (stopped after 1st dose due to hearing issues). Weekly Erbitux started 6/27/07 completed 8/6/07.