To all that helped, encouraged, taught and comforted me through this journey with my Mother at this site:

I send my heartfelt THANKYOU!!!!
I failed to mention that had it not been for this site from the beginning, I would have not known where to turn, what to ask and how to help Mom.

I would also like to let all those getting ready to go through the radiation part to PLEASE be sure to apply the radiagel (or whatever is prescribed) as often as your told. My stepdad didn't think it should be used as said cause he felt it was causing more of a problem. He didn't understand that you don't wait til you to get RAW before appling. He really felt that gel caused moisture to stay at the site. In his beliefs, the gel caused the skin irritation that lead to the burning. Most treatments require ALOT of care.

Once again THANK YOU all and I will continue to support OFC and am looking for ways to contribute to this cause.

Dee

Caretaker of Mom with Unresectable stage IV SCCHN, T1-3,T4..No,N1,N2-3. IMRT daily treatment starting 8/24/05. Erbitux every week starting 8/10/05 and Cisplantin every 3 weeks times 3. Diagnoised 7/5/05 -passed and in peace now on 10/1/05